Please Note: I am an affiliate for the 100% Pure brand, so I receive a small commission when someone clicks through my website and makes a purchase at 100% Pure. I do not recommend any products that I do not endorse and/or use myself.
Sometimes you need a makeover and sometimes your makeup needs a makeover.
When I was first diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, I didn't know anything about toxins in personal care products. I used whichever brand was on sale. Then, I started reading about other people with autoimmune disease and how they ate a certain diet and used only toxin-free products. I learned about toxic load and how it contributes to an overactive immune system. It shocked me to find out every day we are exposed to a multitude of toxins through the air, water, food, and our personal care products. After I learned about this and how it can impact my health, I started searching for non-toxic beauty products to replace the brands I was using with toxic ingredients.
I did a lot of internet research and learned the natural beauty and personal care world is a lot of smoke and mirrors. There are many false claims on labels much like the natural food world. To find out which cosmetics are actually safe, my doctor pointed me in the direction of the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database. Apparently, it's the gold standard of product safety ratings. My doctor recommended I only use products rated between 0 and 3. The lower the better.
I narrowed it down to 100% Pure, which seemed like a great option for one stop shopping for non-toxic makeup, hair products, and most other personal care needs (deodorant, shave cream, etc.).
100% Pure is My Favorite Beauty Brand for the Following Reasons:
1. Safety - Their whole claim to fame is safe, non-toxic, high quality ingredients. Also, the products are cruelty-free, vegan, and made in America. On Skin Deep all 100% Pure products are rated 0-3.
2. Location - Many natural brands don’t have a brick and mortar store, There is a 100% Pure store not far from me where I live. I like to test makeup before I buy it.
3. Semi-affordable - Living a toxin-free lifestyle isn't cheap, but as I embark on this journey I must take into consideration the long term costs of putting toxins in my body. I will be saving in health care costs and I can't put a price on living vibrantly and pain-free. That being said 100% Pure is more expensive than drugstore brands, but less expensive than most department store brands.
4. Good reviews - Very few of the products available on Amazon are rated below 4 stars.
5. Variety - The cosmetics line is only the beginning. 100% Pure has offers skin care, hair care, body care, even nail polish.
The product containers are so cute and made with recycled materials. Keep in mind most do not come with applicators or brushes. 100% Pure sells cruelty-free brushes that are not outrageously priced, but you can also use brushes you already have or buy ones that are more affordable.
I like a natural makeup look, but there are many colors available. Here are the products and colors I purchased:
Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation Powder in White Peach
Fruit Pigmented Brightening Concealer in White Peach
Fruit Pigmented Blush in Pretty Naked
Fruit Pigmented Eye Shadow in Star Bright
Fruit Pigmented Eye Shadow in Flax Seed
Creamy Long Last Liner in Blackest
Fruit Pigmented Mascara in Black Tea
So far I have been happy with all my purchases. The mascara is my favorite. The colors are bright & beautiful, and I feel perfectly safe putting it on my skin.
"Taking joy in living is a woman’s best cosmetic." - Cindy Joseph
I'm Kerry and I am a licensed therapist, writer & speaker. This is a positive space focused on how to thrive in any situation and the transformative power of suffering.