Quotes have been a big part of my healing. Whenever I feel down or discouraged an affirmation pops into my head, "Never, ever, ever give up," or "Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can," and I feel a little better.
If you've perused this blog you may have noticed I love quotes. I put a quote at the end of every post. Quotes inspire, make you see things in a different way, and are good reminders to be your highest self. There's a reason #MondayMotivation and #WednesdayWisdom trend every week. Everyone loves quotes.
Here are 20 of my all time favorites. You may have seen some of them throughout the blog:
The 20 Best Quotes About Healing:
1. "Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." - Tori Amos
2. "Standing at that impossible junction, we can make a radical choice. We can learn to fly." - Martha Beck
3. "We are like the birds. We adapt. We sing." - David Byrne
4. "You can damage the brain, you can damage the body, but the center of...the person you meet...she was whole." - Karen Cavanagh
5. "Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know." - Pema Chodron
6. "Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." - Leonard Cohen
7. "She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails." - Elizabeth Edwards
8. "Getting over a painful event is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward." - C.S. Lewis
9. "Of one thing I am certain, the body is not the measure of healing, peace is the measure." - Phyllis McGinley
10. "The body knows things a long time before the mind catches up to them." - Sue Monk Kidd
11. "I am better off healed than I ever was unbroken." - Beth Moore
12. "When an illness is part of your spiritual journey no medical intervention can heal you until your spirit has begun to make the changes that the illness was designed to inspire." - Caroline Myss
13. "Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'" - Mary Anne Radmacher
14. "Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn't you--all of the expectations, all of the beliefs--and becoming who you are." - Rachel Naomi Remen
15. "So, what if, instead of thinking about solving your whole life, you just think about adding additional good things. One at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow." - Rainbow Rowell
16. "The wish for healing has always been half of health." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
17. "The stars we are given. The constellations we make." - Rebecca Solnit
18. "Run as far as you can in the direction of your best and happiest dreams across the bridge that was built by your own desire to heal." - Cheryl Strayed
19. "I’m not telling you it's going to be easy. I’m telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams
20. "Eventually, you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is." - Gary Zukav
Do you have a favorite from the list above? What mantra or quote drives your healing? Spread the inspiration and share with us below.
And since I always end each blog post with a quote, here is a bonus:
"All healing is first a healing of the heart." - Carl Townsend
I'm Kerry and I am a licensed therapist, writer & speaker. This is a positive space focused on how to thrive in any situation and the transformative power of suffering.