Most of the links on this post are informational, but a few are affiliate links to help maintain this website.
One of my guilty pleasures is celebrity gossip. I know it's a waste of time, but I just can't help myself. Sitting down with my US Weekly is the perfect way to check out. When I’m reading about Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton, I forget about any worries from the day, if only for a few minutes.
One of my favorite columns in US Weekly is "25 Things You Didn't Know About Me" Sometimes they are boring and braggy, but sometimes it gives you a glimpse into the real person behind the persona, warts and all.
I know I'm not a celebrity, but I when I'm reading that column I can't help but wonder What would I say? What are the things about me only a few people know?
So, here's my attempt to let you in on some fun facts about me.
25 Things You Didn't Know About Me:
1. I didn't think I liked dogs, until my husband convinced me to get a puppy 8 years ago. Now I'm obsessed with my Jack Russell mix, Scooter.
2. I collect magnets from every place I've traveled, but don't like putting magnets on my refrigerator.
3. I'm a Francophile and love everything Paris, France, & Eiffel Tower.
4. I'm a published haiku poet.
5. I love clothes, but have very little fashion sense.
6. Although I have no near future plans to have kids I love picking out baby names, most of which are criticized by my friends and family.
7. I have nine piercings in my ears.
8. I have one tattoo of my name in Irish, "Ciarrai," but I want four more: something to symbolize overcoming adversity, my dog’s paw print (see #1), The Little Prince (see #2), and a humpback whale (see #9). Update: I recently got a lotus tattooed on my arm.
9. I love large animals, especially whales and dinosaurs.
10. I'm claustrophobic and it manifests in MRIs, planes, and small cars.
11. Shark Tank is my current favorite TV show. I also never miss an episode of Veep, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, or Homeland.
12. My favorite movie is My Best Friend's Wedding, but there are many close runner ups: The Lion King, LOTR, Jurassic Park (see #9).
13. I am very talented at the "claw machine" and can win you anything you want.
14. The best gift I ever got was a heated blanket from my husband. I use it every single day, even in the summer.
15. I am drawn to water bottles and travel coffee mugs and buy way more than I could ever use.
16. My favorite book is I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb. It is 928 pages, so I've only read it once.
17. I've been told I look like Mayim Bialik, Helen Hunt, Celine Dion, and Ana Gasteyer.
18. My top 3 concerts are: Kelly Clarkson, Paul McCartney, and Billy Joel. Spice Girls is #4.
19. I'm pretty good at impressions of Saturday Night Live characters, but not on cue, only organically, so don't ask me.
20. I'm distantly related to both P.T. Barnum and Isaac Newton.
21. I'm hoping for a Squatty Potty for Christmas.
22. I'm born on Flag Day and like to make a big deal about a holiday no one celebrates.
23. I have an official 'Bucket List' that has 101 items on it. So far I've accomplished 22 items. Update I am up to 32 items.
24. My favorite flower is blue hydrangea.
25. The top 3 celebrities I would like to meet are Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Clinton, and Lin-Manuel Miranda.
What's a fun fact about you?
"Always go with your passions. Never ask yourself if it's realistic or not." - Deepak Chopra